Family Mediation Voucher Scheme
Horizon Mediation are pleased to be able to offer their services under the Family Mediation Voucher Scheme
Who is eligible for the scheme?
Any family is eligible for the scheme which allows each separating family, who wishes to mediate issues around children and child arrangements, a contribution of up to £500 towards their family mediation costs.
One application per family can be made for the duration of the scheme.
What will you need to do?
- Find a Family Mediation Council Accredited mediator (FMCA), for your child arrangements mediation. All Horizon mediators are FMC accredited.
- Fix individual initial meetings with your mediator – a MIAM. During the MIAM the mediator will give you more information on the Voucher Scheme which will include you being asked to complete a questionnaire to help the government understand better the needs of separating families.
- The application is made by your Horizon Mediation FMC accredited mediator on your behalf. The mediation sessions will not start under the scheme until the mediator has authority to do so.
Any catches or special rules?
- This scheme does not include the costs of the initial meeting with the mediator – the MIAM.
- Any mediation costs over £500 will be payable by each of you.
- If one or both of you had your MIAM before 26th March 2021 you will not be eligible for the scheme.
- To be eligible for the scheme the mediation must be conducted by a Family Mediation Council Accredited mediator.
Those parents who think they may be eligible for legal aid can go to the Family Mediation Council website www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk to find a mediator who undertakes legal aid work.
*NOTE: Vouchers are subject to availability and the scheme may be stopped at any time without notice.